Someone lost his friend?
Meanwhile, here is some party going on at the 412.
In addition to equipment specified in IRF Rules, each WRC 2017 competitor shall carry all the time from start to finish of the competition:
- valid travel document: i.e. ID card or passport for EU citizens and passport (and visa, if necessary for traveling to Latvia) for other foreign citizens or valid personal ID document (for citizens of Latvia). Please note: part of competition area lies in borderland of Republic of Latvia, therefore there might be requests by State Border Guard officials to present travel and personal ID documents during the course.
- a whistle: Rule B15 states – Each competitor shall carry a whistle at all times whilst on the course.
- SI cards with non-removable wristbands (for every competitor), provided by organizers.
- GPS trackers (for selected teams only), provided by organizers,
- competition number bib (for every competitor), in the way that number bibs are visible during the competition,
VIDEOS:[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ] [ 6 ]
#15WRC2017 for the mind and eyes!
Welcome to Latvia, dear rogainers!
Welcome words from Event Director.
We are truly honored to host the large family of rogainers in 2017, when we have been approved to organize the World Rogaining Championships!
Let me tell you a few words about the upcoming event! Competition area (~250 km²) is located in the central and south part of Rāzna National Park, Latgale upland in Latvia. The 15th WRC2017 event location is situated ~ 275 km to E from capital Riga, ~40 km SE of Rēzekne, ~ 100 km NE of the second largest city of Latvia – Daugavpils.
Selected competition area provides interesting, challenging and enjoyable countryside and terrain for competition. There are no big mountains in the area, but a lot of small and medium sized hills with climbs up to 60 m. There are no big swamps and rivers, but a lot of small streams.